Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gumamela

You grow within the rhythm of summer and rain,
Singing to your bright red blossom that looks so grand to me;
Though you breathe no scent of unforgettable fragrance,
You tenderly clutch my heart with a touch of mystery.


For even when you leave so soon at the close of the day,
And your withered petals down to the ground, crinkled, they lay;
Yet the splendid radiance of your color I recall
Till shadows of night lure my carefree soul to slumber fall.


And when the world is warm, again you rise and ache to bloom,
Then burn with gay colors of blazing hues, defying the gloom;
When I gently caress your ruffled hem, you seem to smile,
Spread your gown with more flare, filling the earth with cheer awhile.





by: Maria Luisa Tejero Torrento

2 comments:

  1. My hibiscus finally bloomed yesterday. It only bloomed a few times all last year. It has several more buds coming so it looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger