Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Because I Planted A Tree

What did I plant because I planted a tree?
A thousand things that we daily see;

I planted the ships that across the sea,
And the shade from the hot sun free;

I planted the buildings big and small,
The rubber tires and the rubber ball.

I planted a home for the birds and insects to rest,
A shelter for wild animals in the forest.

I planted pieces of furniture, elegant and durable
To fill the hall up to the wall;

Living ornaments that make the world bright and beautiful,
And paper books with pictures so colorful.

I planted nature's hands that grip the soil fast,
To keep it from being carried to the sea when flood is in full blast;

So too, the millions of natural siphons that hold surface water,
And save the earth from getting drier.

All these I did, and I say to thee,
Only because I planted a tree!




by: Maria Luisa Tejero Torrento

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger