Friday, July 23, 2010

Lamentation by a Graveside

So many words I left unsaid,
I closed my mind and sulked instead;
And when at last I breathed each word,
My voice just waned on air,unhead.

So many tears, my eyes withheld,
The anguish, clothed with will unfelled;
And when I freed the pains untold,
They drenched your grave so numb and cold.

So many faces, sight has skipped,
With it, the chance to see you, slipped;
And when I searched for you around,
Alas, you're nowhere to be found.

Now, though beside your grave I weep,
Releasing all the grief I keep;
I languish mournfully in vain,
Because in silence, you remain.

I should have deeply loved you so,
When you were here to feel and know;
I should have fondled or caressed,
While time, from flight, was still at rest.




by: Maria Luisa Tejero Torrento

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger